Tuesday 24 May 2016

Rare track "Xanadu" by Anthem is now available to buy on Amazon Music

This is really something special if you're a fan of the old Japanese metal band ANTHEM like I am.

It's a promotional song that they made for the Falcom video game Xanadu back in 1986.

I've been looking for this track for years, thinking it was only ever going to be available on rare import 1980s vinyl, and I thought I'd never be able to buy a copy.

But here we are:



I just "bought" this track for myself with the free MP3 store credit Amazon give you when you buy something on Amazon Prime and tell them not to hurry about it. :)

The sound quality is as good as you'd expect from any of their CD releases of their 1980s albums. Absolutely 100% crystal clear!

I tried looking further, and... alas, still no sign of Xanadu Act 2! And if only they had the Falcom Special Box '90 up there for Holy Fighter and Protecters.

But still, wow! Getting a copy of this track, especially for free in a promotion... it's like receiving a surprise gold bar!

No comments: